[extropy-chat] Rotary animation in New Nanotech book by Josh Hall

Gina Miller nanogirl at halcyon.com
Tue May 31 02:26:48 UTC 2005

A snip from my animation blog (http://maxanimation.blogspot.com/2005/05/nanofuture-book.html) :

"I received my copy of Nanofuture by J. Storrs Hall PhD which is the first book to include an image of my first technical animation Rotary. Although many of my other works have been featured in books, magazines etc. this was the first to publish one of my works that was actually based on a nanoscale design rather than my own general speculative ideas regarding the future of advanced technologies, and often times more whimsical pieces. This is pretty exciting and is motivation to keep focusing my work in a technical direction. You can see a scan from the book here . You can download my animation of this still at my website . This is a wonderful book with a forward by K. Eric Drexler, who's design it was that my Rotary animation was based on. Anyone interested in nanotech should check this book out."

As listed on my Nanoindustries front page:

"A new (and wonderful) book on nanotechnology has been released: Nanofuture: What's Next for Nanotechnology by J. Storrs Hall PhD Chief Scientist at Nanorex Inc. and fellow at the Molecular Engineering Research Institute and who's "utility fog" concept is renown among the nanotechnology informed. Mr. Hall has published many papers, is knowledgeable in computer science and has generated 3D models of nano mechanical systems as well as developed multiple operating systems.. For more on utility fog see: Utility Fog: The Stuff that Dreams are Made Of "

Gina "Nanogirl" Miller
Nanotechnology Industries
http://www.nanoindustries.com
Personal: http://www.nanogirl.com/index2.html
Foresight Senior Associate http://www.foresight.org
Nanotechnology Advisor Extropy Institute  http://www.extropy.org
3D/Animation http://www.nanogirl.com/museumfuture/index.htm
Microscope Jewelry
http://www.nanogirl.com/crafts/microjewelry.htm
Email: nanogirl at halcyon.com
"Nanotechnology: Solutions for the future."