[extropy-chat] economics of scarcity to economics of plenty

Brian Atkins brian at posthuman.com
Tue Nov 1 16:41:46 UTC 2005

Jeff Davis wrote:

> Our culture does NOT make a focused effort to train
> people to be economically savvy,

I completely agree with that.

I was thinking about it yesterday after I posted... was reminded of my high
school experience, wherein I was forced as part of the curriculum to take some
vocational classes. The choices were things like: typing, computer word
processing, "home economics", drafting, wood shop.

How many kids would choose a "business 101 + investing" choice if they had
offered it? Why isn't something like this a standard offering in schools?
--
Brian Atkins
http://www.singinst.org/