[extropy-chat] Futures Politics

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Wed Nov 2 20:04:36 UTC 2005

Since I will be asked my political views this coming weekend in an
interview with a French film on the future, I have outlined my futures
politics as 4 points:

1.  Nonpartisan.  I believe that no political party today advocates
solutions for the world's most immediate issues.

2.  Neither right nor left, but "forward."  Drawing a hard line between
conservatives and liberals is ineffective and looking ahead is the best
position to take when addressing what the world needs to focus on in the
coming decades.

3.  Futures Strategy.  Designing strategic analysis of issues that society
faces and producing alternative "futures" for society to review before
voting.  The Futures Strategy would provide the means for people - anywhere
and at anytime - to learn about issues, possible options for dealing with
and solving problems, and to voice their own opinions through a
time-efficient and cost-effective P2P architecture.

4. Encouragement of critical thinking.  In order to understand issues
society needs to be skilled at critical thinking.

Thoughts?

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
Future Studies, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
Honorary Vice-Chair, <http://transhumanism.org/>World Transhumanist
Association
Senior Associate, <http://foresight.org/>Foresight Institute
Advisor, <http://alcor.org/>Alcor Life Extension Foundation

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective.
Buckminster Fuller