[extropy-chat] Geowanking

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 3 09:21:54 UTC 2005

--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:

> Australians will be scratching out their eyes in
> horror at this
> subject line, but apparently this is the name of a
> list for elite GPS
> and mapping enthusiasts. I just had to mention it,
> maybe some of my
> fellow Aussies can describe what it suggests to
> them? Our cultures
> (Aussies and generic US internet) are so close, but
> there is the odd
> catastrophic disconnect.

Perhaps it is an obscure reference to a oft repeated,
and possibly urban-mythological, story of a school
teacher who had a student turn in a history report
about how Magellan circumcised the Earth with a 100 ft
clipper. ;)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"If you fear death, you are not living right; if you don't want to live forever, you are not living well." - a sparrow outside my window.