[extropy-chat] Futures Politics

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Nov 3 14:57:14 UTC 2005

> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Futures Politics
>
> ...   When will it end?  How can we get off our duffs and go
> be beyond our self-satisfied dreamy assurances in order to end it?
>
> - samantha

It will end as soon as we get enough politicians
to recognize that market forces overpower legal
pressures.

We might be making progress in that direction,
but it is hard to tell.  I expect there will be
growing market pressure to get most of the dopers
out of prison: we need their labor and taxes, as
well as the cell they occupy.