[extropy-chat] US Prison Population (was Futures politics)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Nov 5 05:36:23 UTC 2005

>Do we ever get to see official sources for these statistics?

The Economist has a long article on this topic (I seem to remember more
than one published in this magazine on this topic, but I cannot find it,
so maybe I was thinking of another source)

"Justice in America : Too many convicts"
Aug 8th 2002

http://www.economist.com/world/na/displayStory.cfm?story_id=1270755

And an article from Business Week about the costs
http://www.businessweek.com/bwdaily/dnflash/feb2005/nf20050228_1996_db013.htm

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD             email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics        vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers            URL:   http://www.amara.com/