[extropy-chat] Arthur C. Clarke and Islam [was riots in france]

Greg Burch gregburch at gregburch.net
Sun Nov 6 03:52:54 UTC 2005

What a terrible dissapointment.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org
[mailto:extropy-chat-bounces at lists.extropy.org]On Behalf Of Olga Bourlin
  Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 9:02 PM
  To: ExI chat list
  Subject: [extropy-chat] Arthur C. Clarke and Islam [was riots in france]

  From: Dirk Bruere
  Sent: Saturday, November 05, 2005 5:25 PM
  Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] riots in france

  > More succinctly, Moslems don't integrate and still want the fruits of
integration.
  > It's trouble that is only going to get worse.

  Recently I ran into some discussions about sci-fi, Arthur C. Clarke, and
his comments on Islam.

  "Clarke: Though I sometimes call myself a crypto-Buddhist, Buddhism is not
a religion. Of those around at the moment, Islam is the only one that has
any appeal to me. But, of course, Islam has been tainted by other
influences. The Muslims are behaving like Christians, I'm afraid.":

  http://www.secularhumanism.org/index.php?section=library&page=clarke_19_2

  and this:

  http://www.cs.rit.edu/~maa2454/SCIFI/sci_lit.html

  Olga