[extropy-chat] Aging as a function of bone marrow degradation (iaging)

Jeff Davis jrd1415 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 05:57:57 UTC 2005

Extropes,

Another report that suggests that a significant
contributor to the degeneration asscociated with aging
is the direct result of the "aging" of bone marrow
repair/replacement cells.

Which brings me once again to the question: if I
extract some of my bone marrow, sort the various
progenitor cells, repair, rejuvenate, or immortalize
them, culture them to increase their number, and
reinject them into my bone marrow, can I rejuvenate or
"super-rejuvenate" my bone marrow progenitor cell
repair/mainteneance capability and thereby achieve a
substantial extension of my health and/or lifespan?

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2005-11/dumc-ivr110205.php

The progression of the artery-clogging disease
atherosclerosis is linked to the inability of
specialized bone marrow cells to continuously repair
damage to the arterial lining. ...

"It appears that the disease progresses as the body's
intrinsic ability to repair and rejuvenate itself
somehow becomes deficient,"