[extropy-chat] Aging as a function of bone marrow degradation

Lifespan Pharma Inc/ MFJ-CTO megao at sasktel.net
Thu Nov 10 18:30:47 UTC 2005

What I mean is that during the process of regeneration and all its
assorted processes that the body be rendered as dormant
as possible to allow better control of the processes involved in the
housekeeping.

Once the entire procedure is complete, the body would be brought back to
an average normal metabolic rate and like
running a car through a drive through car wash out she goes and like
Macdonalds or Walmart or Carl Sagan would say
"billions and billions- of happy customers served"

Instead of pension funds and life insurance funds the medical
regeneration lifespan augmentation funds would have to accrue
for decades to fund each person's session.  This would create income
related disparities as billionaires could routinely
jump the que for R&R while the average person would get the basic 50
year tune-up.   Disease and accident would tend to claim more low income
people between R&R than those wealthy enough to go for regenerative
treatment on demand.
As well steady-state evolution might progress many times faster for the
wealthy.  The other side is that if a critical error is introduced into
the gene pool that only a few leading edge subjects would succumb to it
before it is detected and dealt with.

This is then an opportunity by changing the stem cell population  that
will be re-intoduced to do a gradual steady-state
evolution.

Perhaps  this process is undertaken  initially every 50 years (because
the resources to handle a large population simply
would make the que that long) and over time perhaps make it every 10 years.

Instead of pension funds and life insurance funds the medical
regeneration lifespan augmentation funds would have to accrue
for decades to fund each person's session.  This would create income
related disparities as billionaires could routinely
jump the que for R&R while the average person would get the basic 50
year tune-up.   Disease and accident would tend to claim more low income
people between R&R than those wealthy enough to go for regenerative
treatment on demand.
As well steady-state evolution might progress many times faster for the
wealthy.  The other side is that if a critical error is introduced into
the gene pool that only a few leading edge subjects would succumb to it
before it is detected and dealt with.

There is value to having a "wild state" gene pool to draw from in case
of catastophic error in the programmable evolutionary
state population.  Luddites in this case will  find themselves a niche too.