[extropy-chat] should she or shouldn't she

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Sat Nov 12 15:35:52 UTC 2005

Great post!

At 12:50 PM 11/11/2005, Amara Graps wrote:
>Hi Folks,
>
>Some of you who have thought of novel Transhuman approaches to aiding
>the professional women's dilemma of managing career and kids can go
>to this blog and add your input:
>
>http://cosmicvariance.com/2005/11/10/should-she-or-shouldnt-she/
>
>It is the usual story, but I know that there exists a few
>technological aids here and on the horizon and so I gave one of my
>favorite partial-solutions (freezing eggs). I think that it is
>useful for you folks to hear some of the concerns and they are
>the type of people that would be open to new approaches.
>
>(and ... by the way,  the participants of this blog are among the
>highest densities of scientific women I've seen so far on the Web.)
>
>Amara
>

>--

<http://www.natasha.cc/>Natasha <http://www.natasha.cc/>Vita-More
Cultural Strategist - Designer
Future Studies, University of Houston
President, <http://www.extropy.org/>Extropy Institute
Member, <http://www.profuturists.com/>Association of Professional Futurists
Founder, <http://www.transhumanist.biz/>Transhumanist Arts & Culture
Honorary Vice-Chair, <http://transhumanism.org/>World Transhumanist
Association
Senior Associate, <http://foresight.org/>Foresight Institute
Advisor, <http://alcor.org/>Alcor Life Extension Foundation

If you draw a circle in the sand and study only what's inside the circle,
then that is a closed-system perspective. If you study what is inside the
circle and everything outside the circle, then that is an open system
perspective.
Buckminster Fuller