[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 17:41:48 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of BillK
>
> Do you appreciate that Walmart is the biggest enemy that America has?
>
> See: Executive Intelligence Review
> <http://www.larouchepub.com/other/2003/3045walmart_iowa.html>
>
> Quote:
> During the last 20 years, Wal-Mart has moved into communities and
> destroyed them, wiping out stores, slashing the tax base, and turning
> downtown areas into ghost-towns... BillK

BillK, how is that destroying communities?  Sounds to me
like Walmart is facilitating urban renewal thru free
markets.  Those that oppose are free to trade elsewhere,
opting instead to search for the most expensive mom
and pop stores.  I highly encourage this, so that
they may get sweet revenge on that bad old Walmart,
by brutally not shopping there.

For the rest of us not so disposed, Walmart is our
friend.