[extropy-chat] a real pleasure to work for [dave at farber.net: [IP] Wal-Mart threatens employees: Don't see the Wal-Mart Movie]

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Nov 14 19:45:19 UTC 2005

On Nov 14, 2005, at 2:32 AM, BillK wrote:

> They also cite the company's treatment of its employees, whose average
> annual income is under $14,000. The company offers health insurance,
> but it is so expensive, employees say, that most people can't afford
> it. According to the documentary, company representatives openly
> recommend that workers sign up for government-aid programs instead.

Hmm.  I wonder why our ire is not also focused on a government that
a) owns over 40% of the land;
b) takes over 50% of the product of everyone's labor by force;
c) regulates and licenses so much that many of the power have nothing
left but its dole;
d) despite (a) and (b) has a running immediate debt of over $8 trillion;
e) has nearly 10 times the amount in (d) of total money commitment
going forward that can only be paid by taking it from us;
f) holds more people in jail per capita than any other nation.
etc.

Considering what that fat bloated tick is doing to the country I am
not as horrified that a private employer suggests going to the
government to make up the difference.  I am far more horrified and
utterly pissed at the government than at WalMart.  But the people
will clamor for the government to get even bigger and enslave and
impoverish them to an even greater level.  Then their conscience will
be assuaged.

- samantha