[extropy-chat] Gregory's Passing (Hara Ra)

Emlyn emlynoregan at gmail.com
Wed Nov 16 07:02:21 UTC 2005

On 16/11/05, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> > Subject: [extropy-chat] Gregory's Passing (Hara Ra)

> > On October 13th at 9 minutes to midnight, in a hospice 2 minutes away from
> > Alcor in Scottsdale, Arizona, Gregory released his last breath...
>
> May we all be inspired by his making the arrangements
> for cryonic suspension.  He will surely be missed by
> family, friends and even casual acquaintances.
>
> spike

Speaking as a very casual acquaintance (I only knew him through posts
to this list), he'll be missed. His posts were articulate,
interesting, and funny.

His successful suspension is inspiring though. Too bad we don't have
these facilities in Oz.

(Hey, you know it'd be great if progress on medical nanotech sped
along so that people started being revived in, say 20 years. How
annoyed would people be? Science fiction has always given the
impression that you become a long range time traveller, going to times
so different as to be unknowable, a complete discontinuity. Imagine if
you were brought back, and everything was pretty much the same? How
ripped off would you feel?)

--
Emlyn

http://emlynoregan.com   * blogs * music * software *