[extropy-chat] a real pleasure to work for [dave at farber.net:[IP]Wal-Mart threatens employees: Don't see the Wal-Mart Movie]

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Nov 18 07:14:35 UTC 2005

We might get people talking about crummy jobs they had
when they were younger.  Mine was beekeeping.  Doesn't
sound that bad, white suits, etc.  But it isn't that
way.  Most of the work needs to be done in the summer,
and this was Florida, so it was 100F and 100%.  The
white suits are only that way for the first few minutes,
after which the front is covered with smashed bees (their
guts are yellow) then the dust sticks in that, so it is
mostly black, then if one wants to keep the stings down
to less than a dozen a day one must wear street clothes
under the suit, and the effects of hoisting the 60 pound
hives are still with me to this day, all for a grand
total of 2.90 an hour.

Walmart has air conditioning.