[extropy-chat] Re: Help! I'm not ready for reality! (was the 7 cents thread)

Jack Parkinson isthatyoujack at icqmail.com
Sat Nov 19 11:49:49 UTC 2005

> ### Jack, you are presenting, albeit in a simplified and watered-down
> manner, communist ideology with which I have been well-acquainted at
> school (a state-run, communist one) since before you were born.

Communist ideology! Ok I get it - disagree with Rafal - you ARE a commie.
PLUS - You HAVE disagreed - ergo...

> I don't have to listen, because I considered it and rejected it about 30
> years ago. I wrote off the whole lot as a load of garbage and I don't
> intend to wade through it again.

Absolutely! Stick to your guns there Rafal... One crucial decision in 30
years is more than enough, a man can't be changing his mind every 5
minutes... Umm... 30 years... Can he?

>My belief system is what happens once
> a human rejects yours.

Ouch!
My belief system failed Rafal's Turing test...

> I can only suggest you read some popular books on economics, starting
> with Hazlitt's, try "The Undercover Economist", or any other popular
> exposition of this science...

Thank you (I won't say for your patronage). I'm a wiser, chastened, and more
enlightened proto-commie than before. And I'll try to pass your ideological
test. I'm just not sufficiently supple at present to insert my head into the
required orifice.

And one last thing.
Quote: ...with which I have been well-acquainted at school (a state-run,
communist one) since before you were born. Unquote.

How do you know how old I am - you young whippersnapper?
Jack Parkinson