[extropy-chat] A successful company?

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Sun Nov 20 00:35:04 UTC 2005

On 11/20/05, Joel Pitt <joel.pitt at gmail.com> wrote:

> You need to get an established customer base that will come back to you
> in the future when they need to restock their vitamin/supplement supplies.
>
> You should also look at trying to provide hard to get supplements to
> seperate yourself from the existing masses of vitamin businesses. Say
> certified vegetarian alternatives to vitamins/minerals usually extracted
> from the left overs of the meat business. You can then justify charging
> more for targetted products.

Also stock some of the more unusual, low demand, items. People who buy those
will also tend to buy the other stuff along with it.
Also, and this is something that has anoyed me in the past, be prepared to
sell the *pure* product. Too often the chemicals I wanted have been
adulterated with other crap and made into tablets or other 'value added'
junk. When I buy stuff, be it vitamin E or caffeine, I want it in grams and
99%+ pure. That's very difficult to find here from a normal supplier and I
have had to get it from chemical supply houses in the past.

Dirk