[extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour? (was: Riots in France)

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Sun Nov 20 23:54:35 UTC 2005

 (11/20/05 18:03) Rafal Smigrodzki <rafal.smigrodzki at gmail.com> wrote:

>### A scholar, yes, but hardly a gentleman. I am a redneck in good
>standing, my house is two miles away from the nearest neighbor, I
>shoot my pistols in the backyard, and occasionally pee from the porch
>in broad daylight.
>
>Long live Wal-Mart!
>
>Down with urban commies!
>
>Yeehaa!
>
>Rafal

You know, in the part of the South that I'm from, being a redneck ain't something to be proud of. It typically means that yo' momma din't raise you right. You might kick dawgs, beat yer woman and never work an honest living.

Good ol' boys rightly despise being called rednecks, and with good reason.  ;)

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein