[extropy-chat] against ID.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Nov 21 20:31:47 UTC 2005

"gts" <gts_2000 at yahoo.com>

> The official Catholic position is that humans
> evolved naturally but are endowed by God with souls.

That was the old Pope's line but the new one seems to be backing away from
that, gradually of course, can't go too fast, Popes never make mistakes
living or dead. Actually I can understand the church's discomfort; a
benevolent God who could just snap his fingers and bring all of life into
being but instead decided to use a hideously cruel system like Evolution is
logically inconsistent.

But that's not what will fuel real controversy in theological circles and
stoke emotions to a fever pitch; the new Pope doesn't like Harry Potter.

   John K Clark