TOP 2 IQ Percentile Re: [extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 22 03:32:40 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Samantha Atkins
>
> I found Mensa disappointing.  With a few wonderful exceptions the
> meetings were mostly about finding someone smart to date and playing
> countless board games.   The vast majority of the people seemed to be
> terribly ineffectual in life and be doing little with their brains
> except for passionate time consuming involvement in some very arcane
> and useless avocation.
>
> - samantha

Me too.  Their test isn't that hard to pass, especially if
you practice.  I wouldn't call it a real IQ test, or if so
they aren't worth much for anything other than screening
membership to Mensa.  I found it much like a lonely hearts
club.  I was a newlywed at the time, so it wasn't much
interest to me.