TOP 2 IQ Percentile Re: [extropy-chat] Seven cents an hour?

Mike Linksvayer ml at gondwanaland.com
Wed Nov 23 06:32:56 UTC 2005

On Nov 22, 2005, at 11:25 AM, Adrian Tymes wrote:
>--- Emlyn <emlynoregan at gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 22/11/05, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
>>>Wooohooo!  144.
>>Snap! 144.
>
>143 - but I was interrupted with a phone call in the middle of it, and
>I recall that IQ tests do judge based on time.  The response email had
>a link to another IQ test of theirs; I took that uninterrupted, and
>got
>147.

I hate to post on such a retarded (ha ha) thread, but 144 is probably
the maximum score for the classic Tickle test:
http://agoraphilia.blogspot.com/2005/11/maximum-iq-144.html

Someone did a small study of online IQ tests, including tickle:
http://www.psychologicalscience.org/convention/program/search/viewProgram.cfm?Abstract_ID=7004

	This double-blind study utilized 60 participants placed
	into one of three equally distributed categories according
	to their composite ACT/SAT scores. Comparisons of the
	Reynolds Intellectual Assessment Scales (RIAS) with internet
	IQ tests from tickle.com, queendom.com, and iqtest.com
	showed low to modest correlations, questioning the overall
	validity of web IQ tests.

I suppose that's nearly as surprising as finding most people reading
this do well on IQ tests.

--
  Mike Linksvayer
  http://gondwanaland.com/ml/