TOP 2 IQ Percentile Re: [extropy-chat]

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Wed Nov 23 06:35:03 UTC 2005

At 09:51 PM 11/22/2005 -0800, Samantha wrote:

>  The test seemed really easy.

Yes.

>The bad thing about an online test is that you can't easily find
>anyone to argue with about why your answer is really better than the
>"correct" one.  :-)

One of the problems I always have is in detecting the expected level or
register of response, and how much time to invest in checking the various
lateral possibilities. In the tickle test, we were asked something like:
find the odd man out of apple, peach, pear, grape. I doodled around for a
while with this, before recording my initial instant reaction, that a grape
grows on a vine while all the others grow on trees. But I assume the really
smart answer would be something like: only Apple starts with a vowel and
the alphanumeric values of its letters add to form an even number whose
square root is Steve Job's birthday.

Damien Broderick