[extropy-chat] Threesome as most efficient social arrangement?

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 24 05:49:08 UTC 2005

--- Joel Peter William Pitt <joel.pitt at gmail.com> wrote:
> I would argue that human actors do consider an huge number of
> decisions, however most of the decisions are subconscious and only
> those with sufficient relevence present themselves to the a human
> actors conscious mind.

Huge != infinite.  Just because one processes a huge number of
decisions subconsciously does not mean that one processes all relevant
decisions, or even that all relevant decisions suggest themselves (or,
if there are enough of them, that they can all be processed in a given
finite amount of time).  And, at least speaking for my own mind, it's
certainly not the case that only things that are completely relevant to
the decision at hand are processed by the conscious mind.