[extropy-chat] Qualia Bet.

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Sat Nov 26 14:01:22 UTC 2005

"gts" <gts_2000 at yahoo.com>

> Why useless and invisible? Presumably animals run from forest fires
> because they smell, hear, see, or feel them. All qualia.

Oh I agree! I think qualia does effect behavior, or rather, such complex
behavior is imposable without qualia, but then I also think the Turing Test
(a behavior test) works.  If the Turing Test can see it then so can Natural
Selection, if the Turing Test can't see it then neither can Natural
Selection and thus could never have produced it.

    John K Clark