[extropy-chat] Re:Just trying to figure it out

Anna Tylor femmechakra at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 26 22:45:53 UTC 2005

Dear Mr. Tymes

Again thank you for your time, as you've repeated, you don't have very much
of it.

Ok so here's the truth:
I am not and never will be a writer or a scientist, I am very well aware of
this fact.  My problem
is a little bizarre and I need to talk to someone about it or i'm going to
lose my mind.

I'm not a kook, I already know you think this but really i'm a very talented
and busy artist.
I do consider myself educated, creative and intelligent but I have no where
near the depth of knowledge that the people on Extropy chat have.

So here's the problem: Since August 05, I have not been able to stop
researching specific fields.
(In passing, the last time I researched anything that wasn't in my field was
over 8 years ago).
The Pyramids, the stars, AI and Time Travel.  Nothing else.  It almost seems
like an addiction, every
spare moment I have I jump on the net to research.  This might seem quite
naturel to you, but
for me it's extremely bizarre.  I have over 50 pages of notes and have spent
hours and hours
trying to figure out what all of it means.  I'm a little overwhelmed.
In August, the first thing I researched was AI, the singularity institute
and Edward Yudkowsky.
That's why I contacted him, I thought maybe he could help me out to figure
this stuff out. I
really don't mean to be a nuissance and if you could even direct me to
someone or a specific
site that I can talk to openly about all this stuff I would be extremely
grateful.

My question:  In June I did something I have never done before, a drug.  It
was a very
overwhelming fantastic experience for I thought of things never in my
wildest dreams could
I have imagined.
Could this drug have caused this effect?  Am I experiencing this addiction
based upon the
memory from that day?
I know this all sounds bizarre and if you don't mind I already know you
think i'm a kook and
would prefer nobody else has the same opinion. I don't make it a habit of
contacting people
that I don't know, but I certainly can't talk to my friends, family or other
artists about this.  So
again, if you could take a moment of your time and help me out one last time
I would
be very grateful.

Thanking you again
Anna