[extropy-chat] Re:Just trying to figure it out

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Sun Nov 27 00:22:47 UTC 2005

> So here's the problem: Since August 05, I have not been able to stop
> researching specific fields.

> My question:  In June I did something I have never done before, a
> drug.  It
> was a very
> overwhelming fantastic experience for I thought of things never in my
> wildest dreams could
> I have imagined.
> Could this drug have caused this effect?

If by "this effect" you mean your researching - it's possible, but
unlikely.  Being fascinated by a certain subject is an entirely natural
phenomenom, even to the point of becoming literally addicted to finding
out everything you can about it.  As addictions go, it's one of the
more harmless ones (aside from the effects of spending a lot of time on
any one thing, if it leads to neglecting your normal social duties,
like your job).  Depending on the subject, it can even be a socially
beneficial addiction (for instance, there are some jobs which consist
mostly of researching various topics).

> I was very unaware that by sending a private e-mail that I was giving
> you
> permission to make my
> e-mails public.

Check your "To:" headers in the material you quoted.  You sent your
email to the list.  I sent my reply to the list.  None of the emails
that I have seen from you so far have been private, including the ones
I am replying to here.  If you want official evidence, the list
archives - available via
http://lists.extropy.org/mailman/listinfo/extropy-chat - will show
that, indeed, every email you have sent to me on this thread went via
the list.  Or if you want to lodge an official complaint, perhaps this
list's moderators can look at the archives and confirm what I am
saying: I have, in this thread, so far only responded to emails that
you sent to the list.