[extropy-chat] Qualia Bet.

Brent Allsop allsop at extropy.org
Mon Nov 28 22:20:22 UTC 2005

Eliezer,

I've always wondered what your opinion on qualia and phenomenal properties
was.  You give a hint here when you say:

> Of course people who try to invent a separate magisterium just end up
> inventing hypotheses about things that exist and make other things
> happen - no matter how often the speaker repeats phrases like
> "non-causal", "unobservable", and "separate magisterium".

Did you read my post with subject: "spirits (was RE: [extropy-chat] Qualia
Bet.)"?

When I talk about phenomenal properties of matter in addition to causal
properties of matter - this is something real and not something like you are
referring to here as "non-causal", "unobservable", and "separate
magisterium" right?

Just wanting to know your opinion - and whether or not you are willing to
take me up on my bet if your opinion is different than mine.

Thanks,

Brent Allsop