[extropy-chat] Qualia bet with Eliezer

gts gts_2000 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 30 02:24:12 UTC 2005

On Tue, 29 Nov 2005 19:29:52 -0500, Brent Allsop <allsop at extropy.org>
wrote:

> What the heck is the term "inner life" supposed to mean?  What is it
> constructed of, what is it like, and so on?  What does an "inner life"
> have to do with what red is like and how it is different than green and
> warm?

For now we could define "inner life" as "life without effing".  The idea
has meaning at least until effing becomes possible.

I'm not sure true effing technology can ever be possible even in
principle, (still thinking about that one), but if it ever happens then
there will be no clear distinction between inner and outer life.

I look forward to enjoying your cake and ice cream without fear of putting
on weight.  I'll even let you taste mine. But I'm going to turn off that
damned machine when I'm alone with a woman. :)

-gts