Spirits (was RE: [extropy-chat] Qualia Bet.)

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Wed Nov 30 05:48:25 UTC 2005

Howard Stern claimed on his show on more than one occasion to have taken 4
hits of acid at once in college and had to be babysat by his friends for two
days before coming down.  He kind of got real serious when he talked about
it like he could remember how intense it was.

Maybe it didn't make him who he is today but he does seem to approach life
with a nothing can hurt me now attitude.

When I search on LSD and psychosis the literature cautioned that it was hard
to determine whether those affected had preexisting mental problems.
Treatment was described as not requiring other medication and most patients
just needed calmed down.  All in all it doesn't sound any worse than the
violent episodes brought on by large amounts of alcohol.

>>I googled and found that the risk is not of dying with an accidental LSD
overdose but rather merely psychosis.  OK crazy >>is better than dead I
suppose.