[extropy-chat] energy from osmosis

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Oct 5 05:00:32 UTC 2005

Minor oops again, but at least I'm getting closer.

In Hal's scenario of a semi-permeable pipe, water
appears in the pipe when the bottom reaches about
240 meters.  If lowered some distance below that,
say another 100 meters, then there is fresh water
102.5 meters deep.  In the bottom half of that 102.5
meters, water is coming in.  In the top half of that
102.5 meters, water flows out.  Water flows upward
in the pipe, with maximum flow at the midpoint, and
no in or out flow thru the membrane at that point.

The process is driven by the energy of falling
salt.