[extropy-chat] Federal Government Aiming to Ban Prime Numbers

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sat Oct 8 01:07:47 UTC 2005

This reminds me of the times when it was banned to own a computer > 1ghz
clock speed at a time when
it was concieved that no clock would ever run that fast on a civilian
system.

Does this act intend to make the creation of quantum computing illegal?

Emlyn wrote:

>On 07/10/05, Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
>

>>Today a representative from the United States Ministry of Freedom
>>Announced that the Senate is drafting a bill to ban Prime Numbers.  The
>>Bill is called "The Innumeracy & Unpatriotic Calculations Act", and
>>will be an extension of the Patriot Act.  "Innumeracy" is a new word
>>meaning 'unpatriotic Math'.  Prime Numbers are only equally divisible
>>by 1 and the number itself.  This unique property, along with the
>>difficulty of factoring large numbers is what allows for all Internet
>>and electronic cryptography. The government's justification for the ban
>>on Prime Numbers is that terrorists could use cryptography to send
>>secret messages to each other, and these secret messages could threaten
>>American's freedom.  Bush was quoted as saying, "In Kindergarten, kids
>>used to pass secret messages to each other when the teacher wasn't
>>looking.  It wasn't fair then, and it isn't fair now". ..

We are talking about the guy who says God gives him messages????

What's next    ?  God says that 3 score and ten is good enough and
afterwards let nature take its course????