[extropy-chat] Extropy, Political Viewpoint and the Future of ExI's List

Dirk Bruere dirk.bruere at gmail.com
Sat Oct 8 11:13:32 UTC 2005

On 10/7/05, Natasha Vita-More <natasha at natasha.cc> wrote:

> At 03:49 PM 10/6/2005, S. wrote:
>
> Great. So where does the rubber meet the road?
>

> If and when we develop a more future-oriented political theory from which
> to make some skid marks in reving up toward our future. Can't do it on
> old-world fuel.

 Politics exists wherever two or more people/entities interact.
There is no escaping it and claiming Extropy embraces politics is both naive
and wrong.
Maybe by politics you meant specific existing ideologies, in which case you
are correct.
 However, Extropy is a Human invention for Human times. Presumably its aim,
from my POV at least, is to foster a Trans and Post Human condition that is
acceptable to a present day Human minority (us).
 Dirk