[extropy-chat] Futures Past

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Sun Oct 9 23:36:40 UTC 2005

--- Damien Broderick <thespike at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> That's why it's encouraging, on the one hand, to see
> Kurzweil's book being
> reviewed everywhere but, on the other, somewhat
> disheartening that it's
> being received pretty much as if all these ideas
> sprang fully armed from
> his forehead (an impression not entirely
> inconsistent with the tenor of
> Ray's own presentation, cough).

Yes, but who took the role of Hephaestus and whacked
him on the head with a hammer for this to happen?Those
of us in the know, KNOW. ;)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

"Our hope of immortality does not come from any religions, but nearly all religions come from that hope" - Robert G. Ingersoll