[extropy-chat] Futures Past

Max More max at maxmore.com
Mon Oct 10 13:00:38 UTC 2005

At 07:49 AM 10/9/2005, Greg wrote:

>Seven years ago, we had a discussion here on the List about what we
>called "near-term projections" for the future to c. 2015.  I
>gathered together some of the ideas in that discussion and put them
>in what I called a "futurist time capsule."  Here it is:
>
>        http://www.gregburch.net/writing/NearTerm.htm

And *ten* years ago, in Extropy #15, the Future Forecasts section
"compared educated estimates of future breakthroughs by Gregory
Benford, Alcor's Steve Bridge, Eric Drexler, FM-2030, Mark Miller,
Max More, and Nick Szabo."

I don't have the text handy on computer (but will eventually extract
it from old floppies). Anyone have the time and inclination and the
issue to type this up for the list?

I recall that Nick and I were relatively conservative in projections,
while Eric was very gung-ho.

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
max at maxmore.com or max at extropy.org