[extropy-chat] Extropy, Political Viewpoint and the Futureof ExI'sList

Max More max at maxmore.com
Tue Oct 11 14:32:04 UTC 2005

At 08:53 AM 10/11/2005, you wrote:

> > Some of your points below are accurate, but
> > others are really stretching things, especially on "Rational
> > Thinking"
>
>Really? So you advocate teaching intelligent design in public schools?
>Or do you insist on rational thinking, that only reasoned scientific
>theories of universal and human development be taught?

I don't insist on *anything* being taught in public schools. In
*private* schools I would certain recommend most strongly against
teaching intelligent design, but I wouldn't *require* anything unless
I owned such a school. That's about as non-political as it's possible to get.

>Please stop with the absurdist weaseling, it does you no benefit.
>Either accept that the principles are a political agenda, or rewrite
>them (once again).

I acknowledged that the Principles had plenty of room for political
implications. That doesn't make them a political agenda as a whole,
and it certainly doesn't make rational thinking more political than
any other favored view of cognition.

I ask that you apologize and retract your "absurdist weaseling" comment.

Max

Max More, Ph.D.
max at maxmore.com or max at extropy.org
http://www.maxmore.com