[extropy-chat] Extropy, Political Viewpoint and the Futureof ExI'sList

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 17:02:13 UTC 2005

--- Max More <max at maxmore.com> wrote:

> At 08:53 AM 10/11/2005, you wrote:
>

> > > Some of your points below are accurate, but
> > > others are really stretching things, especially on "Rational
> > > Thinking"
> >
> >Really? So you advocate teaching intelligent design in public
> schools?
> >Or do you insist on rational thinking, that only reasoned scientific
> >theories of universal and human development be taught?
>
> I don't insist on *anything* being taught in public schools. In
> *private* schools I would certain recommend most strongly against
> teaching intelligent design, but I wouldn't *require* anything unless
> I owned such a school. That's about as non-political as it's possible
> to get.

Hardly. Your opinion here, as far as the public schoolers are
concerned, is about as extremist as any homeschooler advocate.

> >Please stop with the absurdist weaseling, it does you no benefit.
> >Either accept that the principles are a political agenda, or rewrite
> >them (once again).
>
> I acknowledged that the Principles had plenty of room for political
> implications. That doesn't make them a political agenda as a whole,
> and it certainly doesn't make rational thinking more political than
> any other favored view of cognition.
>
> I ask that you apologize and retract your "absurdist weaseling"
> comment.

I'm sorry you feel offended that I described your evasive, cagey
equivocations as "weasely" and your absurd deconstruction of my name as
"absurdist". When you get to the point of being 'outraged' over such a
measely statement, you'll truly have become a politician.

Mike Lorrey
Founder, Constitution Park Foundation:
http://constitutionpark.blogspot.com
Personal/political blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com