[extropy-chat] Alternative to Cryo wasTheAmazingCellularRepairdevice

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Oct 16 23:54:08 UTC 2005

Eugen wrote:

[referring to a post where I was considering Spike's wouldn't
it be good to have a new brain in a buff body scenario]

> (Not that most of the above is just a gedanken exercise,
> because nobody is going to do that in practice. There are
> much easier ways to skin your cat).

I agree Eugen.  Why don't you outline your most likely scenario
in an essay or a paper?

It really hard to engage with this subject in email as you'd
appreciate. There is just too much material in it.

I quite like the idea of engaging with a good cogent articulation of
an approach to cryonics and the best I've found is the one put
together by Fahy.

I posted links to pages of the Fahy paper earlier in this thread
if you want to check out which one I mean.

I know that you and Rafal and possibly some others like John
do have a reasonable cogent idea of how things might work in
your heads but so far as I know you haven't put your own
scenarios down on paper in an essay or semi formal paper
like Merkle did (too badly for me to work with) and Fahy did
(better).

If you do I'd take a look. Otherwise it gets too hard to keep
track of the various assumptions you might be making, or
Robert might be, or John or Rafal as you all sort of jump in
to defend an idea that I think is actually no one idea of how
cryonics might work but a bunch of separate ideas.

Because I'm studying, when I can concentrate on it, biochemistry,
I enjoy the challenge of thinking about this stuff from a sciencey
and engineering standpoint but its too time consuming to wade
into too many disparate scenarios that aren't themselves structured
into a particular framework or approach.

Cheers,
Brett Paatsch