[extropy-chat] Alternative to Cryo wasTheAmazingCellularRepairdevice

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Mon Oct 17 00:52:44 UTC 2005

Eugen wrote:

> > I don't see how any future technology could put your
>>  atoms back together by rebuilding the organic chemistry
> > structures.
>
> Here's an outline of a way:
> http://e-drexler.com/d/05/00/DC10C-mechanosynthesis.pdf

I just took a *very* quick look. The diagrams look like tools tips
intended for manufacturing.  But not for manufacturing organic
chemistry molecules like proteins or lipids or sugars.

Hard to say exactly how big the tool tips are (because what they
are to be attached to matters) but they look like they are already
approaching a few nanometres in size already. I'm thinking 10
hydrogen atoms (daltons) are about a nanometre across. And
the diagrams would probably be using carbons not hydrogens
in the tips.

Is it really your view that this paper outlines a way of rebuilding
organic chemical structures?  Or are you just sort of showing
me that there is a new paper by Drexler?

Brett Paatsch