[extropy-chat] Alternative toCryowasTheAmazingCellularRepairdevice

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 17 05:46:52 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of John K Clark
>
> "Brett Paatsch" <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au>
>
> > ...to recreate Spikes brain in flesh
>
> In the flesh? What's the point?

I was a really fun guy?

> ...  As I said I very much doubt anyone will
> bother to actually do something like that because they would regard it as
> comic... John K Clark

I see your point.  If we could somehow read and store
the positions and states of all 10^26 atoms in spike's
brain, there is no reason to put the meat back
together in the original configuration.  I wouldn't
exactly *object* of course, but it would be as
pointless as constructing a giant abacus by welding
together a trillion Macintoshes.