[extropy-chat] Re: Recipe for Destruction - Joy/Kurzweil NYTimes Op-Ed

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 21:59:10 UTC 2005

On 10/18/05, The Avantguardian <avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Do you think putting MORE restrictions on scientists
> will make them LESS likely to use their knowledge to
> attempt to overthrow a system whose corruption is more
> obvious to them than to the average citizen?

Did you read the 80% of my post where I explained at length that one of the
reasons I'm troubling to say all this is precisely that I think the world
would be safer if we could _avoid_ a situation where the public decides it
needs yet more government regulation to forcibly prevent scientists doing
dangerous things?

- Russell