[extropy-chat] Recipe for Destruction

Joel Peter William Pitt joel.pitt at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 01:16:24 UTC 2005

On 10/19/05, Dirk Bruere <dirk.bruere at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/19/05, Joel Peter William Pitt <joel.pitt at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > No no, its not that. It is that if you are connected to everyone else -
> > then harming some one else is really harming yourself. So unless you are a
> > masochist you are more likely to try and find a solution that doesn't
> > involve violence.
> >

> If I had a cancerous toe and no anaesthetic I'd still chop it off.

Ah well. I was hoping *most* people would investigate alternatives before
embarking on violence. Why not investigate the current state of cancer
treatment? Since we have mind to mind linkages I'm guessing effective
treament for toe cancer wouldn't be too far fetched.

Although humans as they are do like a quick fix rather than the optimal
solution.

-Joel