[extropy-chat] Script kiddies are not that bad (was Re: Recipe for Destruction - Joy/Kurzweil NYTimes Op-Ed)

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 19 07:21:10 UTC 2005

--- Alejandro Dubrovsky <alito at organicrobot.com>
wrote:
> So which one is it, are people extremely unlikely to
> be evil (less than
> 1 in the shitload of virus writers that have
> surfaced over the last
> decade), are script kiddies extremely unskilled
> (this one still doesn't
> explain a toned down version of 1 which just formats
> the hd), or have I
> just not heard of these famous viri?

I think it's that even for impressionable youngsters
that want to fancy themselves outlaws, its far more
romantic to be Robin Hood than Hitler. I just hope no
Al Quaeda black hats hang out on your UNIX site.

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work. I want to achieve it through not dying." - Woody Allen

"Our hope of immortality does not come from any religions, but nearly all religions come from that hope" - Robert G. Ingersoll