[extropy-chat] archeologist VS restorative alternatives

Joseph Bloch transhumanist at goldenfuture.net
Sat Oct 22 02:54:22 UTC 2005

It's an excellent question, and one I've been asking myself now that my
own suspension is set up.

How to enact a living will that will be the most cryonics-friendly? I
mean, if there's a reasonable chance of my being revived, I'd like to
take it, but if keeping me on a feeding tube is going to degrade my
brain tissue (a la Terri Schiavo), then pop me in the freezer post
haste, before more damage is done.

Unfortunately, I think that "pack my body in ice and replace my blood
with cryoprotectant fluid while I'm still alive" would qualify as, well,
euthenasia (if I am understanding your suggestion properly).

I find it fascinating that one of the first innovations cited in the
excellent cryonics-oriented novel "The First Immortal" is that the right
to die is acknowledged, and seen as a necessary step to mass acceptance
of cryonics as a practice. Great book, btw; well worth the read.

Joseph