[extropy-chat] Nuke 'em

Damien Sullivan phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu
Mon Oct 24 00:03:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, Oct 24, 2005 at 12:20:50AM +0100, Dirk Bruere wrote:

>    Depends on what that 5kW encompasses.
>    I (my house) use less than 5kW/hr per day of electricity.
>    However, you have to factor in transport energy and energy required to
>    produce food and material goods.
>    Not sure how that adds up.

Nationmaster.com gives energy use per capita; I presume it is total.  It gives
10 kW for Americans; Italy uses more than a third of that, 18th on the list.
I suspect a lot of the lower figures is denser living and nicer climates, but
hey, look at the hands.  Normally I assume 10 kW in these botecs because I'd
like everyone to live as well as Americans and also it's a nice round number.

-xx- Damien X-)