[extropy-chat] Getting AId to people in need

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Fri Sep 2 02:57:12 UTC 2005

Distilling urine is harder than a lot of good
alternatives.  Hand operated reverse osmosis pumps
that backpackers use will get drinking water out of
muddy flood water.  I have half a mind to send my
RO pumps down to New Orleans, if I knew where to
send them.  The water in the tank (but not the bowl)
of a toilet is considered potable without treatment.  I
don't see why not, it seems clean enough back
there.  If you don't have a RO water pump, that
might be a good thing to have in your emergency
supplies closet.