[extropy-chat] Halliburton and world-scale operations

Lifespan Pharma Inc. megao at sasktel.net
Sun Sep 4 13:41:02 UTC 2005

Rik van Riel wrote:

>On Sat, 3 Sep 2005, kevinfreels.com wrote:
>

>>Is there a company out there that is more capable and better at handling
>>the job and is willing to do it for less?
>>

>Also, would you want disaster recovery work done by companies
>that cut corners in order to be cheaper than competitors ?

The question is how do you determine when value for money spent has been
achieved and
when has a service been over compensated, not precisely who is
delivering it.

So long as there is a way to benchmark this the function of a
competitive bid system has been duplicated.

The problem is that there is a lack of world scale operators.
China or other nations are lacking in this world scale enterprise I am
assuming.
The only world scale enterprises outside the USA might only be military
in nature
which makes their bidding on USA domestic contracts unthinkable for the
world-view of North America.

The answer would be for the military forces of countries to have a
commerical activities function.

Perhaps a new role for a consortium of multinational forces?
Will we soon become mature enough as a species to think this way?
It seems evident to me that expending resources on conflict-wars etc is
dragging down the potential
of humanity  to make the singularity a reality.

The core question is:
Does conflict serve any useful purpose in a technologically advanced
society or is is merely a disease
lingering from more primative times?