[extropy-chat] Re: peak oil debate framed from a game theory standpoint ?

justin corwin outlawpoet at gmail.com
Sun Sep 4 17:09:34 UTC 2005

Sorry for the levity, my serious friends, but listening to you two
argue about this has a faint tinge of the ridiculous.

On 9/4/05, Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Robert Lindauer <robgobblin at aol.com> wrote:
<lots of snippage/>
> > In any case, the US economy in particular will have to
> > undergo a major change in order to survive the removal of our primary energy
> > source and it's the kind of thing it's better to prepare for earlier
> > rather than later lest we find ourselves fossil fuels one day.
>
>  Your abject lack of faith in the market explains a lot why you are not a libertarian.

MIKELORREY: I find your lack of faith...  disturbing.

ROBERTLINDAUER: (his eyes go wide, and he scrabbles at his throat as
the Invisible Hand closes around him)

--

apologies to Adam Smith.

--