[extropy-chat] Re: Ethics and evolution

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Mon Sep 5 09:16:36 UTC 2005

On Sep 5, 2005, at 1:34 AM, BillK wrote:

> This is why Libertarians have little concern with the billions of
> dollars of fraud and snake-oil in the free market system and the
> resulting misery and unhappiness for millions of people.
> Libs come across as 'Never give a sucker an even break' types.
> And 'They deserve all they get' is common also.

Where is this blatant and unjustified attack coming from?
Libertarians stand firmly against fraud.   Fraud is not a natural by
product of the free market (that we don't remotely have).    Do you
believe that aur Big Government is causing no "misery and unhappiness
of millions of people"?   You silly characterization may come across
any old way you constructed it to come across.  So what?

> If you are not as smart. well-educated, healthy, fit and capable as a
> Lib then '**ck you, you're on your own'.

The strength of your argument stands alone.  No further comment is
needed.

- s