[extropy-chat] Re: Ethics and evolution

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 6 05:16:13 UTC 2005

--- spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:

> > The government response was (in part) to decry
> "price-gouging," and
> > encourage people to report "artificially inflated"
> gas prices at
> > http://gaswatch.energy.gov/ . -- David Lubkin.
>

> Artificially inflated?  What is that, where prices
> are
> raised by an AI?  I would argue:  these prices are
> not artificially inflated.  The human who runs the
> gas station did it.

Don't be silly, Spike. They mean artificial as opposed
to natural. Naturally occuring gas stations always
charge much less for gas. After all, no grizzly bear
in its right mind would ever pay 3 bucks a gallon for
regular. ;)

The Avantguardian
is
Stuart LaForge
alt email: stuart"AT"ucla.edu

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson