[extropy-chat] Re: peak oil debate framed from a game theorystandpoint ?

mail at harveynewstrom.com mail at harveynewstrom.com
Wed Sep 7 18:36:37 UTC 2005

Eugen Leitl writes:

> Overhyped at best, midly fraudulent at worst. We'll see.

There is a definite problem with scientific hype right now.  A great number
of companies are making announcements about various breakthroughs in AI,
nanotech, biotech, computers, genetics, technology, etc.  Many of them are
just media hype meant to boost their stock to get money so they can really
try to invent something.  I wish there was a better way to really get the
facts to evaluate all these new reports.  It is almost to the point that I
hesitate to read [>Htech] because I don't believe half of it.

 --
Harvey Newstrom <www.HarveyNewstrom.com>
CISSP CISA CISM CIFI NSA-IAM GSEC ISSAP ISSMP ISSPCS IBMCP