[extropy-chat] The Hidden Luddite was Re: peak oil debate

Gary Miller aiguy at comcast.net
Thu Sep 8 16:58:12 UTC 2005

I can see how the major drug companies who currently have anti aids drugs on
the market may not have the management backing to pursue lines of research
that may disrupt their lifetime cash cow but surely there must be other drug
companies who currently do not have income from the protease inhibitors and
reverse transcriptase inhibitors.

If so then these companies would seem to be the logical entry point for your
research.

Also as these drugs begin to enter into the point of their patent process
where they go begin to go generic most of the profit will be squeezed out by
their generic competition if they don't have improved drugs waiting in the
wings.

I don't doubt what you're saying about the difficulty of getting neglected
areas of research investigated.

Sometimes it might require winning over a respected researcher in the field
who has the credibility to champion your research and get it the attention
it deserves.

Also have you tried publishing a paper about your model?  Even if you don't
get published, just the process of going through the peer review process of
publishing may help you shore up your arguments enough to get them
considered seriously.